The best pineapple cake recipe
Pineapple cake has to be one of my all-time favourites. This cake fills me with warm, fuzzy feelings. Especially when pineapple is combined with coconut. This tropical cake is hard to beat.
My love for the tropical has to do with the fact that I have grown up in a cold non-exotic country. Although I was really lucky. My parents took us abroad for a couple of weeks every year. Somewhere around the Meddatarrianan. Therefore pineapples, palm trees, the sun and coconuts make me very happy.
This cake started out as an experiment. I combined things I thought should taste good together. Like butter, quite a lot of it, sugar, coconut and pineapple. My experiment turned out really well. You can’t go wrong with butter. It’s highly addictive this pineapple cake. It’s moist in the middle, with just enough coconut flavour to compliment the sweet but at the same time tangy pineapple. It is then topped with a creamy pineapple buttercream.
This will be the perfect summer treat!
Creamy coconut and pineapple cake
- 75 gr butter room tempered
- 150 gr brown sugar
- 60 gr flour
- 2,5 gr baking soda
- 3 gr powdered vanilla
- 30 gr shredded coconut
- 35 gr sour cream or similar
- 1 egg
- 50 gr butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100 gr pineapple
- Preheat oven to 190 C/fan. Line a 1,5-litre baking tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and mix half of it with the butter mix.
- Add the egg and whisk until smooth, add the sour cream and rest of the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 19 minutes. The cake should be a little sticky in the middle.
- Whisk butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the crushed pineapple and whisk with a rubber spatula. Make sure to squeeze out all of the juice from pineapple.
- Cut thin slices of pineapple to top the cake with.
- Cover the cooled cake with the pineapple buttercream and decorate.
Perhaps chocolate is right up your alley? Apart from pineapple cake, chocolate cake is my favourite. Like this Devil’s chocolate cake. It’s truly amazing!
Pineapple cake is my all time favorite and makes this cake occasionally. I love eating this cake with a scoop of ice cream. Very tasty.
Thank you so much for telling me! Pineapple is one of my all time favourites too. It’s something that the pineapple flavour evokes in me ? have a happy Sunday!