Jack O’Lantern stuffed peppers are the perfect addition to your Halloween party. They are easy to make, a little creepy and yet delicious to eat. These Jack O’lantern stuffed peppers are vegetarian, however, you can fill them with anything you like.
I fill my Jack O’Lantern stuffed peppers with couscous and cheese. The key is to season the couscous well. And the parmesan cheese just makes everything a little bit better.
It’s really simple to play around with different fillings to accompany your Jack O’Lantern stuffed peppers. Minced meat, rice or why not both? Just make sure you cook everything before you fill your Jack O’Lantern stuffed peppers. I tried one batch with red rice. That was spooky and quite tasty.
Halloween dinner table
I’m sure you go all in for in Halloween, just as I do. Therefore, instead of making just one dinner, I make a variation of spooky small dishes. That way I get to play around with my creativity and everyone is sure to find something they like. Like the Hasselbat potato for instance. Hasselback potato is a classical Swedish potato dish. I made a little twist on it.
Setting the scene
Regardless of what you serve at your Halloween party, may it be Jack O’lantern stuffed peppers or anything else. Setting the scene is important. And the best part, it doesn’t have to be very complicated or expensive. Spider webs, some candy, spiders and pumpkins will take you far.
Jack -O'-lantern stuffed peppers
Vad du behöver:
- 250 gr Couscous
- 350 ml water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Broth
- 4 large Orange bell peppers
- 1 large Red onion
- 3 tsp Chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tsp flaked salt
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
Så här gör du:
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the vegetable broth. Add the couscous and take it off the heat. Put on the lid and let it swell for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan.
- Take the pepper core out and gently carve out eyes and mouth as you would with a pumpkin.
- Chop the red onion and parsley, mix it the couscous along with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Fill the bell peppers with couscous and grate 1 tbsp of parmesan on top. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10-15 minutes.