You know those days when you get home from picking up your kids from school? When you get home and you realise that you don’t have the energy to cook? Ever have those days? Those days what saves me is the roasted heirloom tomato soup. It’s a damn delicious roasted tomato soup.
This season they were able to soak up the sun and they taste sweet. Close to perfection I say.
I love the food that is in season now. All the beautiful colours and they taste different too. There is something beautiful about the food that has been able to grow and mature during the warm summer months. Like gorgeous tomatoes that are easily made into gorgeous and healthy roasted tomato soup.
I made this specific version with oven grilled tomatoes and added a little chilli to it to spice it up. Now in Sweden, we love our Friday taco nights. This tomato soup is a perfect addition to the Friday taco. Add a little guacamole and some tortilla crisps. And you have yourself a healthy, hearty roasted tomato soup. It’s where the Scandinavian meet the Scando-Mexican. Add a spoonful cream cheese on top of it and enjoy the roasted tomato soup.
Roasted tomato soup
Vad du behöver:
- 350 gr orange tomatoes
- 350 gr yellow tomatoes
- 120 gr cocktail tomatoes sweet
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 big red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 2-3 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest optional
- 2 tbsp basil fresh
- 500 gr tomato sauce canned
- 220 ml heavy cream or coconut cream
- 50 gr soup pasta optional
Så här gör du:
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan.
- Wash and half the tomatoes and peel the garlic cloves. Then peel the onion and cut them into chunks. Put them in an oven-safe form and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until soft. Put the veggies into a pot and use your hand mixer (immersion blender) to mix everything together.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream or coconut cream. Let it simmer and add lemon zest, fresh basil and chilli flakes. Then add the rest of the spices. Let it simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Cook pasta if you want it. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
And as always, please let me know what you think! If you make this tag me on Instagram. I love to see what you create!
If you love Autumnal soups, why not try the Jerusalem artichoke soup too?