Green kale salad is often referred to as something bitter and has somewhat of a bad reputation. However, all of this is about to change with this recipe. Green kale salad or green kale, in general, is packed with nutrients and essential for your gut-health.
Green kale salad is good for you and here’s why.
Did you know that as little as 100 gr green kale contains as much as 160 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C? It’s also full of antioxidants, which helps with boosting your immune system. This will increase a feeling of overall well being.
It’s a very versatile vegetable and it can grow under almost any condition, which is good news for us living in Scandinavian countries. Where there’s a lack of sunshine most months of the year.
Back to the green kale salad. There’s a little trick to take away the bitterness. If you massage the green kale with a little bit of salt and the bitterness will go away.
This green kale salad combines the different textures of green kale, red cabbage (which is also a little sweeter) and Brussels sprouts. Along with the saltiness of the feta cheese and crunchiness from the nuts, it’s the perfect combination of flavours and textures.
Green kale salad with salmon
Vad du behöver:
- 100 gr fillét of salmon optional
- 200 gr green kale chopped
- 100 gr red cabbage shredded
- 80 gr Brussels sprouts
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 25 gr walnuts
- 20 gr pine nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 1 tsp rosé pepper
- 3-4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Så här gör du:
- Start with the salmon. Set the oven to 200 C/fan. Brush it with honey and olive oil, add salt and pepper and bake in the middle of the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the green kale add salt, leave for 5 minutes and massage the kale until the leaves are dark green and softer.
- Half the Brussels sprouts and fry them in olive oil and the vinegar and fry for about 2-3 min or until golden.
- Shred the red cabbage and mix with green kale, Brussels sprouts and lemon juice.
- Add the feta cheese by crumbling it. Add the nuts and season with salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
- Serve with salmon.