Bakery style white chocolate raspberry muffins with crumble on top, ever wondered how to make them? Me too!
I see beautiful mouthwatering photos of muffins and I always wonder, how do people succeed with their muffins? It supposed to be one of those baking skills that you just have, however, let me tell you I didn’t.
I have tried and failed so many times now. Which is good news for you, because then you don’t have to. I love it when they are full at the top since it’s my favourite part of the muffin. I love to break off the full top and devour it. But ever so often I get so disappointed. Either it’s big but dry or really moist, but too petite.
I love this size of the muffin too. It’s too big, therefore you don’t have to worry to overeat, but not too small either, which means it fulfills you perfectly.
Crumbles on top
Therefore I decided to combine all the things I really like in one muffin. I love crumbled pie and it made perfect sense to have it on top of a bakery style white chocolate raspberry muffins. They came out perfect if I can say so myself.
I urge you to try these muffins out for yourselves!
Bakery style white chocolate raspberry muffins
Vad du behöver:
- 120 gr brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 100 gr butter
- 100 gr oat milk or normal
- 350 gr wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 gr white chocolate
- 100 gr raspberries
- 20 gr potato starch if you use frozen raspberries
- 75 gr butter soft
- 200 gr oats
- 100 gr almond flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Så här gör du:
- Set the oven to 175 degrees C fan.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and white.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the milk. Blend it with the egg mixture.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder and add the mixture to the batter. Don't whisk too hard as this will toughen the muffin. Preferably use a pan scraper to mix.
- Make the crumble by pinching butter, oats, almond flour and brown sugar together.
- Cut the chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Line 1 tray with paper muffin cases. Fill the muffin cases with raspberries, potato starch, white chocolate pieces and batter. Fill them quite high up, almost to the top.
- Top the muffins with the crumble, about 1/2-1 tbsp.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
Tips and tricks
Even though muffins are quite simple to make and such a lovely treat. However, there are few helpful tips to make them come out right.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are at the same temperature. Preferably at room temperature.
- I actually keep my eggs in a bowl on my kitchen counter. I was given this tip by a pastry chef at a baking competition I once took part in. And it has worked wonders for my baking.
- When mixing in the flour in the batter use a pan scraper or such to mix gently. Stir it rather than whisking it. By whisking you are making the batter though and thus making muffins that will resemble rubber.
- Do you want high muffin tops? Make sure you fill the muffin cases with batter almost to the top.
- You get better-shaped muffins if you use a muffin tin and muffin cases. They hold better. If you do not have a muffin tin using two paper cups will make the muffin more firm.
If you like bakery style white chocolate raspberry muffins please leave a comment or share the love.