I love dessert, especially anything with chocolate. I had to try out white chocolate apple cake. This combines two very typical types of desserts in Sweden. One is “kladdkaka” which is like a sticky brownie, but flatter. The other one is “skånsk äpplekaka” which is a typical apple cake that originates from where I live in Southern Sweden.
Now anyone who has followed me for a while knows that I have a little balcony where I grow veggies and berries. However what I haven’t told you quite yet, is the fact that we recently bought a house. We haven’t moved in yet, but there is a garden. Now the garden is full of apple trees and they all seem to bear a whole load of apples. Which is, of course, great, because that means loads of apple desserts! So with a bag full of my apples, I started to go a little crazy in my kitchen. Also, some of you have asked me if there won’t be any in action photos on the blog. There will be, soon. Although, my whole apartment is full of boxes and I only have a little clutter free corner where I can take photos of the food I’m making. Nevertheless, there will be some in action photos soon!
Also, some of you have asked me if there won’t be any in action photos on the blog. There will be, soon. Although, my whole apartment is full of boxes and I only have a little clutter free corner where I can take photos of the food I’m making. Nevertheless, there will be some in action photos soon!
Back to the apple cake deliciousness. This white chocolate apple cake perfectly combines the flavours of the apples with the texture of the cake. And honestly, white chocolate? Even though it’s technically not chocolate, it’s still marvellous!
Now, how do you make this white chocolate apple cake? Let me tell ya!
White chocolate apple cake
- 200-300 gr apples
- 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbs brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 gr white chocolate
- 100 gr butter
- 2 eggs
- 150-200 gr flour
- Step 1 Heat oven to 225 degrees Celcius.
- Step 2 Slice the apples in thicker round slices and fry with sugar, honey and cinnamon until soft.
- Step 3 Place apples in a greased baking pan (20 cm)
- Step 4 Melt white chocolate.
- Step 5 Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until fluffy and white add melted white chocolate and flour.
- Step 6 Pour the mixture over apples and put in the oven for about 25-30 min. The cake should be a little smudgy in the middle.