Savoury pancakes with chantarelle are easy to make, they are glutenfree and versatile! School is now back in full gear and in Sweden is almost time for the autumnal break. This usually gives me a little food angst. Kids home all day, hungry!
In Sweden, we are lucky enough to have served qualitative lunch at school every day. This takes some of the pressure off. We don’t have to pack lunch boxes for our kids and most schools have decent food.
But we all have the same problem after school, making dinner. The hour between getting home and until dinner is served is called the hell hour for a reason. Everyone, including myself, is hungry. Don’t fret, Savoury pancakes with chanterelle are easy to make. You can even prepare it the evening before. And you can fill with basically anything you want.
Solution to this is Savoury pancakes with chanterelle or any healthy quick food. To save time, make the savoury pancakes the night before. Just make sure that you keep them in an airtight container. And when you heat them up the next day brush with either oil or butter. Now, because it’s still mushroom season, savoury pancakes with chanterelle was a seasonal choice. Also, I love mushrooms. However, it’s easy to make any filling for savoury pancakes. I know a lot of kids don’t like mushrooms, or actually, they think they don’t. A lot of times it’s more of a determination than anything else. For my kids, I can either add bacon to the mix or I just leave the chantarelle out and add either bacon or anything you know that they do like.
To make this completely vegan, you can subsitute the eggs.Ground flaxseeds is a great alternative. Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons of water until fully absorbed and gluey. Use in place of one egg. So for 2 eggs use 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water.
Savoury pancakes with chanterelle
Delicious savoury gluten-free pancakes with seasonal toppings.
- 120 gr buckwheat flour
- 300 gr sparkling water or milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 gr oil or butter
- Chanterelle filling
- 200 gr chanterelle
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 50 gr grated cheese (I like using a stronger kind of cheese)
- 100 gr whipping cream/oat cream
- 75 gr chopped shallot onion
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
- Step 1 Mix buckwheat flour, oil, salt and half of the water/milk.
- Step 2 Whisk in one egg at a time and add remaining water/milk. Mix until smooth.
- Step 3 Let it sit for 10 min.
- Step 4 Heat up oil or butter in a skillet and bake pancakes. 1-2 min on each side or until golden.
- Step 5 Chanterelle mix:
- Step 6 Clean the chanterelles and chop with the shallot.
- Step 7 Heat oil in a skillet and fry the onion for about 5 min.
- Step 8 Add chanterelle and fry for another 5 min.
- Step 9 Mix in mustard, cream, thyme, salt, add in the cheese lastly.
- Step 10 Spread it on the pancakes, about 3-4 tbsp of filling on each pancake.
- Step 11 Serve immediately!