I have been on the quest to find the perfect hamburger bread. We love hamburgers in our family and as a result, we eat hamburgers at least once a week. All different kinds of them. This summer, I have been making a lot of vegetarian versions. The kind even the kids approve of. I will, of course, share the recipes with you. My personal favourite is the grilled halloumi version.
As a consequence of all the burger eating, most of the time I buy hamburger bread in at the grocery store. However, I always find the store bought just not enough. They tend to either be a little dry, or they get too soggy and fall apart.This is where the brioche hamburger bread comes into play! Hence you mustn’t despair, my friends! Continue reading, since I have the perfect hamburger bread recipe for you.
The best part is that they taste equally good just as they are too. Or au naturelle as the French say. That means they can play an important and delicious role at the breakfast table too. I make a double batch and freeze half of them. This way we always have hamburger bread ready. I use sesame seeds on half of them and leave half of them
I try to bake a double batch and freeze half of them, so we always have hamburger bread ready in the freezer. Usually, I sprinkle sesame seeds on half of them and leave the other half plain. For dinner, I just served them with some grilled halloumi and guacamole. Whichever way you like your burger, try this brioche hamburger bread. You won’t be disappointed.
This time, for dinner, I just served them with some grilled halloumi and guacamole. Whichever way you like your burger, try this brioche hamburger bread. You won’t be disappointed.
Brioche hamburger bread rolls
- 50 gr instant yeast
- 50 gr melted butter
- 50 gr soft butter
- 300 ml milk or oat milk
- 2 eggs (1 for brushing)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey (to help with the fermentation)
- 420 gr flour plus extra for dusting
- Step 1 Melt butter and pour in milk, heat to about 37 degrees C. Crumble the yeast in a large bowl and pour the warm milk and butter mix milk in the bowl and blend well.
- Step 2 Whisk in egg, salt and honey.
- Step 3 Mix in the half the flour, add the softened butter and rest of the flour. Mix well. The dough should be a little sticky.
- Step 4 Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and leave it for 1H to rise.
- Step 5 Use some more flour if you need, but the dough should be a little sticky still, but not sticky enough to stick to your hands. Shape into 10 equal sized buns.
- Step 6 Place the buns on a sheeted tray. Cover them with a kitchen towel and leave for 40M to rise.
- Step 7 Heat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Step 8 Whisk the egg and brush the buns with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Step 9 Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes. (take them out when they are golden, otherwise, they go dry)