For a long time, I have been on the quest to find the perfect brioche bread for burgers. We love burgers in our family, and the brioche bread is as important as what goes in it. I especially like the one with grilled halloumi and guacamole. But with this brioche bread for burgers will lift anything you put in it to another level. Can’t go wrong with butter and love.
If you are anything like me, store bought burger bread will not do after you have tried this recipe. In my opinion, the store bought tend to either be a little dry, or they get too soggy and fall apart.
This is where the brioche bread for burgers comes into play! Hence you mustn’t despair, my friends! Continue to read. I have the perfect brioche bread recipe for you.
The best part is that they taste equally good plain too. Or au Naturelle as the French say. That means they can play an essential and delicious role at the breakfast table too. I make a double batch and freeze half of them. This way we always have hamburger bread ready. I use sesame seeds on half of them and leave half of them plain.
This time, for dinner, I just served them with some grilled halloumi and guacamole. Whichever way you like your burger, try this brioche bread for burgers. You won’t be disappointed.
Brioche bread for burgers
- 50 gr yeast
- 50 gr melted butter
- 50 gr soft butter
- 300 ml milk
- 420 gr flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs 1 one for brushing
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- Melt butter and pour in milk, heat to about 37 degrees C.
- Crumble the yeast in a large bowl and pour the warm milk and butter mix milk in the bowl and blend well.
- Whisk in egg, salt and honey.
- Mix in the half the flour, add the softened butter and rest of the flour. Mix well. The dough should be a little sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and leave it for 1H to rise.
- Use some more flour if you need, but the dough should be a little sticky still, but not sticky enough to stick to your hands. Shape into 10 equal sized buns.
- Place the buns on a sheeted tray. Cover them with a kitchen towel and leave for 40M to rise.
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg and brush the buns with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes. (take them out when they are golden, otherwise, they go dry)