Sponsored post from Le Creuset
Vegan Massaman Curry and all you need is one pot and 30 minutes. Sounds good right? I love this dish, and usually, Thai cuisine is not really up my alley. I like to eat it, in fact, it’s what I choose when I eat Thai food. However, somehow I have never been pleased with the flavours. Until now. You will love it!
I spent the week in Stockholm at one of my bests friends place. She is vegetarian and has a milk allergy. She also got a new vegan cookbook, of course, we had to try it out! This Massaman curry is inspired by the Vegan Cashew Kitchen.
Vegan Massaman curry
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp red hot curry paste
- 4 tbs crunchy peanut butter
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 tsp flaked salt
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 smaller red onion
- 300 gr cauliflower
- 1 large sweet potato
- 500 gr potatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbs shaved ginger
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 100 gr crushed peanuts
- Start by peeling and cutting the onion. Then sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Tear the cauliflower into small bouquets.
- Cut the bell pepper and chilli into smaller pieces.
- Cook the rice, follow instructions on the packaging.
- Heat the oil and add the curry paste, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt and cinnamon stick. Fry on higher heat for 2-3 min. (Don't burn the seasoning)
- Lower the temperature and add the peanut butter, salt, red onion and coconut milk. Stir until blended well.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and cauliflower let it cook until soft. (for about 25-30min)
- Add bell pepper and chilli when it's about 10 min cooking left.
- Top with crushed peanuts and fresh basil leaves.
I would love to hear from you! Comment, share and love!