Are you looking for a delicious crayfish soup recipe to ring in the new decade with? Look no further, this is the only crayfish soup recipe you’ll ever need.
It’s rich in flavour, silky smooth and not too time consuming so that you’ll have time to entertain your guests or yourself.
The salmon adds to it’s richness and makes this dish more than a starter. The fennel and dill makes a wonderful flavour combination and adds not only flavour but texture. Once you master this crayfish soup (and you will) you’re going to want to make it over and over again.
Perfect to make a head
This is really one of my favourite soups to make. It’s delicious and it looks pretty too. It’s also quite simple to make ahead and thus perfect for entertaining, like a New Year’s dinner.
If you want something more creamy, I have a another fish soup recipe for you. Also very, very pleasing for your palate.
Shrimp or crayfish
I use pre cooked crayfish tails to make this. However, should you want to, you can use the whole crayfish or any part you like. I find easier to just buy a jar of good quality pre cooked crayfish tales. I, personally think they taste better. If you want, you can also use shrimp. You make the soup exactly the same way, just switch to shrimps instead. In my recipe notes I have added some tips and tricks for you.
Happy New Year and Happy cooking!
Crayfish soup with salmon
- 600 gr crayfish tales or shrimp Cooked
- 150 gr fillét of salmon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 smaller fennel about 120/130 gr
- 1 larger yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 3 tbs chopped dill
- 2 tbs fish broth
- 600 ml water
- 0,5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- Peel the onion and garlic and dice them thin.
- Clean the fennel and slice them thin.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat and sauté the fennel, garlic and onion. Add the tomato purée and sauté the salmon until it gets some colour on both sides.
- Add half of the water, fish broth and dill. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 15 min and let it simmer for another 10 minutes while adding the rest of the seasoning.
- Serve and top with crayfish or shrimp.